In this episode, we talk about Gas, Bloating, and Belching. We also welcome our Christopher Campbell and Lemond Ponton for Financial Literacy Month.
Christopher Campbell is a native of Gastonia, NC, and graduated Cum Laude with a BA in Economics from Morehouse College in 2006. He began his professional career building relationships with area specialty physicians as a pharmaceutical consultant and he transitioned industries and careers to join Merrill Lynch Wealth Management in 2011. Chris has over 10 years of experience working with families and business owners.
Lemond Ponton is a Financial Advisor for Northwestern Mutual Goodwin Wright, an affiliate of Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Company and works with Chris. He graduated Cum Laude with a BA in Business Management from Morehouse College in 2006 where he met with Christopher and has over 9 years of experience in wealth management and asset protection.
[00:01 – 03:31] Healthy People Information
- Definition of bloating, gas, and belching
- Symptoms and Causes
- Questions you should think about
[03:32 – 10:23] Getting to Know Chris and Lemond
- An insight into the topic we’ll be discussing in this episode
- Background of our guests for the episode
- Chris Campbell
- Lemond Ponton
- Partnering up in 2017 to help impact their community
[10:24 – 27:04] Wealth Management
- Starting a wealth management team
- Managing Licenses in different categories
- Broker Check
- The value and access provided by Northwest Mutual
- Growth of their practice
- A change in perspective
- Embracing the process
[27:05 – 39:53] The Mindset of the wealthy
- Lemond talks about the mindset of the wealthy
- Researching and expanding your knowledge
[39:54 – 49:39] Financial Literacy
- What is Financial Literacy?
- The importance of financial literacy
- Making sure your taxes are straight
- Financial advice from Chris and Lemond
[49:40 – 51:55] Closing Segment
- Follow Chris and Lemond
- See links below
- Watch out for Part 2!
- Recap of key information discussed in the episode
- Final Words
“Wealth is about growth, sustainability, and Transfer.” - Chris Campbell
“You have to stay grounded and keep the right perspective. A lot of times, people give up because they’re looking to the left and the right. You have to win your own race.” - Lemond Ponton
“Don’t be focused on the result. You have to fall in love and embrace the process and everything that comes with it.” - Chris Campbell
Resources and Links Mentioned:
Wilkinson, J. M., MD, Cozine, E. W., MD, & Loftus, C. G., MD. (2019). Gas, bloating, and belching: Approach to Evaluation and Management. American Family Physician, 99(5), 301-309.
Follow Chris on Instagram(@iammrcampbell)
Follow Lemond on Instagram(@jerseylp)
LEAVE A REVIEW AND RATING + help someone who wants to learn more about useful health information by sharing this episode or click here to listen to more episodes.